Paragliding At Banjara Hills
Paragliding is a much sought after adventurous sport every adrenaline junkies ever crave for. Just like a bird soar in the skies, you can fly high up in the air using paragliders and catch a bird's eye view of the entire surroundings. And it will be a dream come true for those adventure enthusiasts who love heights.
Paragliders are free-flying, lightweight, foot-launched glider aircraft that have no rigid framework where a canopy of parachute acts as a wing. And the pilot or the flyer sits in a harness suspended below the wing and controls the wing via lines attached to the paragliders. Also, the takeoff and landing are on foot. Paragliding activity is mainly carried out on a hill or mountain. The Banjara Hills in Hyderabad is one of the ideal spot to try paragliding and the place is teeming with adventure lovers throughout the year. The paragliding activity is held under the guidance of expert trainers. Paragliding is overall a risky adventurous activity, but it ensures full safety of the flyer.
Major Attractions of the Place
- Jalagam Vengal Rao Park : Jalagam Vengal Rao Park is a beautiful green stretch of land enriched with fresh air and pleasant ambience ideal for jogging and relaxing.
- Qutub Shahi Tombs : The Qutub Shahi Tombs are evidence of the archaeological heritage of Hyderabad.
- Charminar : Charminar is an architectural splendour consisting of four minarets that represent the first four khalifas of Islam.
- Birla Mandir : This white marble shrine is a harmonious blend of spirituality and architecture.
- Ramoji Rao Film City : Ramoji Rao Film City is the largest film studio in the world where you can explore the extensive movie sets and if possible, catch a glance of a real movie shoot.
- Golconda Fort : The Golconda Fort that dates back to 400 years, tells us about the grandeur and elegance of the Nawabi culture.
- Salar Jung Museum : Salar Jung Museum is greatly admired for being the biggest one-man collection of antiques on the planet.
- Chilkur Balaji Temple : The main deity, Chilkur Balaji of this temple is also known as Visa Balaji who is believed to grant the wishes of those who are in need of visas.
Speciality of the Place
- Banjara Hills served as the hunting ground for the Nizams of Hyderabad.
- Banjara Hills is now an important urban commercial centre in Hyderabad.
- Rock Climbing.
- Zip Line.
Way to Reach
By Air : Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is the nearest airport to Banjara Hills which is situated at a distance of 30.3 Km.
By Rail : Hyderabad Deccan Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Banjara Hills which is situated at a distance of 6 Km.
By Road : Central Bus Station, Hyderabad is the nearest bus station to Banjara Hills which is situated at a distance of 8.2 Km.