Kayaking At Kotpally Fresh Water Reservoir
Kayaking or gliding on your own small boats through the rivers and lakes is one of the unique ways of exploring nature. The Kotpally Fresh Water Reservoir in Telangana offers you a memorable kayaking experience amidst refreshing natural beauty and amazing fresh environs.
Hills and forests of spellbinding beauty surround the Kotpally Fresh Water Reservoir that speckles the lake face. Telangana Tourism has taken all the initiatives to provide a safe and fun-filled kayaking experience for you. Kayaking is done on small boats called kayaks where you have to row gently with a double-bladed oar. The view of breathtaking sunset with awesome hues while you are kayaking is just out of this world. You will be provided life jackets, so there is nothing to worry if you do not know swimming and there will be guides to take care of you. Kayaking is thrilling at the same time challenging as you have to row harder against the direction of the wind which needs an extra effort. Kayaking is more a fitness activity than an adventurous water sport that can improve your mental and physical health.
Major Attractions of the Place
- Kotpally Fresh Water Reservoir: Kotpally Fresh Water Reservoir is a picturesque picnic spot which is surrounded by an artificial forest and is teeming with many water sport activities.
- Ananthagiri Hills: Nicknamed as the "Ooty of Telangana", the Ananthagiri Hills is a captivating hill station as well as an exhilarating trekking spot with dense forest, ancient caves and temples.
- Sri Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple: On the beautiful hills of Ananthagiri, in the middle of the huge Vikarabad forest, situates Sri Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu that dates back to 400 years.
Speciality of the Place
- Kotpally Fresh Water Reservoir is an emerging tourist spot in Telangana bestowed with natural scenic beauty.
- The red soil of the place is very good for mango cultivation.
- Forest Trail.
Way to Reach
By Air : Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is the nearest airport to Kotpally Fresh Water Reservoir which is situated at a distance of 103.4 Km.
By Rail : Nampally Railway Station, Hyderabad is the nearest railway station to Kotpally Fresh Water Reservoir which is situated at a distance of 94.7 Km.
By Road : Central Bus Station, Hyderabad is the nearest bus station to Kotpally Fresh Water Reservoir which is situated at a distance of 95.2 Km.